DVR Operation – Disk Management
To manage files:
1. Check the box for the drive you want to manage. The DVR’s internal hard drive will always be the first hard drive on the list.
2. Change read and write permissions for the selected hard drive.
Do not alter the permissions for the DVR’s internal drive as that could disable the ability to record.
The only time this setting would be changed from Read & Write to Read Only is if you’re saving the DVR in storage, and no longer planning on using it to record footage.
3. Apply Changes to selected drive
4. Refresh: Refreshes the disk management list for new disk drives, including external USB devices.
5. Browse: Displays other information about the hard drive, including remaining capacity.
6. Format: Formats selected drive. This will delete all video and image recordings from the hard drive, and a screen will prompt you to confirm your decision.