Connecting Zosi DVR to Zosi Smart Account – Zosi Smart App
To view your footage from your mobile device, you will need to connect your Zosi Smart account to your DVR.
1. Ensure your DVR has a connection to the internet. Plug an active Ethernet Cable into the back of the DVR, and get an “OK” message when you test your internet connection in the Network Network.
1. Open the Zosi Smart app and log-in with your Zosi Smart Username and Password. If you haven’t created an account, please click here.
2. Once you’ve logged in, click the upper right corner to add device.
3. Select the device type you want to add. Select DVR if you need to add an Analog, Wireless or PoE recorder. Select the “IP Camera” option if you’d like to add an IP Camera.
If you have a Zosi DVR, you’ll see the above screenshot. Select your DVR type by tapping the corresponding icon.
If you have a Zosi IP Camera, select the “Camera” option in the left-hand column, and you will see the image below. Select your model of camera by tapping the corresponding icon.
4. Once you select the type of device you wish to add, your phone’s camera will turn on. Once the camera turns on, scan the QR code by pointing the camera at the QR code found on the Information > System menu. The DVR will audibly “beep” once the code has been scanned.
If you get a message saying that your QR code is EXPIRED, select the icon in the top right hand corner that looks like a pencil, as seen below.
This will let you add your device ID manually.
Once you select the pencil icon, you’ll see the below image.
Enter your DeviceID as it’s seen on the System > Information menu. The Device ID is case sensitive.
The “Password” field is the password for your DVR, not the password for your app’s account.
By default, there is no DVR password, so if you haven’t set up a password on the DVR itself, you may be able to leave the password field empty.
The “Name” field can be used to name your device. It can be anything you’d like.
Once you are finished, select “Next” to add your device.
5. Congratulations. You have added your DVR to your Zosi Smart account. To view your cameras, tap the DVR to reveal the drop down menu, and select which cameras you wish to view.
Please allow time for buffering, and please be advised the the quality of the image is contingent on your internet speeds.
If you’d like to adjust the quality of your streams, you can do so in the Network > Substream menu.